15.1.16

STYLING MONOCHROME | MISSGUIDED


I have a special post for you guys in collaboration with Missguided, on styling 'monochrome'! I have three very different looks to share with you and just how easy it is to rock this popular trend this Winter. Obviously they couldn't have chosen a better blogger for the job ;) as you probably already know my great love of all things black. Missguided currently have the best statement pieces at the moment, so I hope I have captured some of these special items for you in these three looks...

OUTFIT 1 ~ DINNER DATE

Monochrome is a great trend for the New Year and love is always in the air around this time and with Valentines Day on our doorstep, monochrome is a good safe option to wear on a first date. It's sophisticated and understated, which is what you want. This black bardot midi dress is perfect for a dinner date with a loved one or friends. It will keep you warm at this time of year with its long sleeves and ribbed material, but also has a delicate split up the front and off the shoulder style to still be deemed as dressy. It is super comfortable and would be very flattering on all body shapes. With this I have on these amazing gold plated block heeled ankle boots. They instantly add something special to an outfit and will definitely be a talking point amongst your friends.

 DRESS | JACKET | BOOTS






OUTFIT 2 ~ GIG NIGHT

This outfit is perfect for a evening out to a gig or a concert, I always like to wear heeled boots to a gig to get some height in the crowd and feel slightly dressed up but also comfortable. A baggy tee is always my favourite option, and styled with a nice skirt and leather jacket makes the perfect combination. A leather jacket is a staple piece in your wardrobe, and if you can't afford a real leather one this January, then the Missguided faux leather biker jacket should be at the top of your wishlist! I also have on their 'Thrasher' tee in a M/L for a baggier fit and I've styled this with a their foiled mesh skirt to add a touch of glam rock to this whole look.

JACKET | TEE | SKIRT | BOOTS






OUTFIT 3 ~ WINTER SHOPPING

I don't know about you guys but a good pair of black jeans is what every girl needs. Especially for shopping, along with an easy jacket to take on and off. These high waisted skinny biker jeans are amazing, I love all high waisted jeans as I find them the most flattering, but the best thing about these are the biker detailing on the front. I wanted to show off the zip detail too, so I styled them with their mono crop jumper. A nice light weight option for shopping but also very simple and stylish. Also a great piece in the wardrobe this time of year to style with trousers and heels. Lastly I have on their longline padded bomber in black. Bombers are my life right now and my collection is ever growing, the longer style is really great over so many different looks and I think it goes really great with jeans and a jumper, keeping it simple and casual for shopping the January sales.

JUMPER | BOMBER | JEANS | BOOTS






Really hope you guys liked these three monochrome looks, and hope I have inspired you to chance this trend and make black and white that bit more interesting this year. Let me know which outfit you preferred, one, two or three and also let me know if you purchased any monochrome pieces off Missguided recently and what they were?

Speak soon x
SHARE:

1 comment


Follow on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow

pinterest

MONIQUE AGAR

WISHLIST

Blogger templates by pipdig